This may feel a little cold – the long wait to pregnancy
It was finally here. Our first appointment with the gynaecologist. Why was I so nervous? For the last couple of days I had been preparing mentally, going over answers to possible questions they may ask, terrified that I might say the wrong thing and be sent away with our dreams trailing sadly behind us.
- How long have you been trying to get pregnant?
- Have you ever been pregnant?
- Have you ever had an operation?
- Do you smoke?
- etc. etc. etc.
- me feeling happy that things were moving forward but upset as the magnitude of the next few months/years hit me
- the man of my dreams debating whether it would have been inappropriate to get his book out and read it rather than sit there being ignored/forced to listen to my examination by a doctor he would now only refer to as Igor
Subscribe here to be updated with new posts. Don’t forget to tailor your preferences, so you just get the posts you want and need!
If you’d like to share your wealth of experience and knowledge with our community, then you can apply to become a Motherhood Diaries’ Contributor here. Don’t forget to read our Ad Policy.
I am 35 year old female living very happily with 'the man of my dreams' and our two very spoiled rescue cats. We have been trying to have a baby for the last two years and it turns out that process can be quite stressful. I have not been the easiest of people to live with during that time (hence the name of the blog!) but that is all going to change. I have decided to be all about the positive from now on and hope this blog will be a place to share thoughts, vent frustration and laugh in the face of infertility. I would love you to join me x