So you think you know the UK? Share it and could you win £250 cash!
Just last weekend, my family and I visited Verwood in Dorset. We stayed in a quaint little lodge owned by a lovely couple who have lived in Verwood for the last 50 years. We got to visit the adventure parks and the beautiful nature that surrounded the wonderful county of Dorset. As my husband’s family live in the neighbouring town of Ringwood, it gave us the perfect opportunity to do some sight-seeing around Dorset and visit the family over the course of the weekend, instead of driving from and back to London in one day. It was a great call from hubby because I would have had no idea how amazingly serene, calm and stunning Dorset is, especially in the summer. As a Londoner born and bred, I am sometimes guilty of thinking that London is the only place in the world, but I soon realised that there are other, even more wonderful places in the UK.
(Image taken from www.verwood.org)
Do you have fond memories of somewhere in the UK? Whether it is a seaside resort you regularly visited as a kid or a town that holds a special place in your heart, www.ukbreakaways.com are now offering one lucky winner the chance to win £250 cash in return for a travel related blog post of up to 600 words on the UK destination of your choice. The post could simply be a guide to the destination itself, Top 10 Things to See or Do, or a guide to Local Food and Festivals etc – the choice is yours, just make it insightful and attractive enough to make the reader want to visit your destination!
Here’s how to enter:
- Write a travel related blog post of up to 600 words on the UK destination of your choice. This must be original and not have been published elsewhere. Ukbreakaways are looking for your insight into the destination to make them want to visit.
- Somewhere within your blog you need to mention ukbreakaways and also include a link to a relevant page on their site or the competition page.
- You also need to tweet two friends to invite them to take part.
What do you win?
- 1st Prize – £250 cash!
- 2nd Prize – £100 in ukbreakaways Holiday Vouchers
- 3 x Runners up Prizes – £50 in ukbreakaways Holiday Vouchers.
Judging and Terms
- The competition closes on 31 August after which date ukbreakaways will choose their Prize Winners based on the content of their blog and its engagement and appeal in making ukbreakaways want to visit the chosen destination.
- The winners will be notified no later than Friday 6th September 2014.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18.
- One entry permitted per person.
- For more information on the judging and terms of this competition, please visit http://www.ukbreakaways.com/competition.
Good luck and let us know once you’ve entered, so we can look out for your fabulous travel post!
*Collaborative Featured Post*
Subscribe here to stay on top of new content added to Motherhood Diaries.
If you’d like to share your wealth of experience and knowledge with our community then you can apply to become a Motherhood Diaries’ Contributor here.