10 ways to feel good during pregnancy
Pregnancy can be a time when mums-to-be blossom; for others, it can be stressful, difficult and leave the prospective mother feeling frumpy or unglamourous. Whichever category you fall into, here are some hints and tips to help you relax, and feel good throughout pregnancy:
- Pregnancy can cause your hormones to really go wild; this can lead to greasy or oily hair and skin. Wash your hair regularly and try a [easyazon_link identifier=”B007PQYHJW” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”motherho-21″ cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]dry shampoo[/easyazon_link] or [easyazon_link identifier=”B00BNAORKU” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”motherho-21″ cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]hairspray[/easyazon_link] to keep it in good condition, in turn, making you feel fresh and clean during pregnancy.
- At the end of a busy day, what could be better than a little foot pampering? Whether it’s accompanied by a nice soak in a massaging [easyazon_link identifier=”B016WSIBW2″ locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”motherho-21″ cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]foot bath[/easyazon_link] or half an hour with your loved one helping you to relax, a great foot massage with your favourite foot care products is the perfect way to help you feel good during pregnancy. Close your eyes, listen to some [easyazon_link identifier=”B0000501LS” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”motherho-21″ cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]soothing music[/easyazon_link] and feel your stresses and strains slide away!
- A lot of time during pregnancy is spent in hospital or doctors’ waiting rooms – these can often lead to dry or chapped lips thanks to the air-conditioning. Carry a pot of [easyazon_link identifier=”B001RYOPKE” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”motherho-21″ cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]lip balm[/easyazon_link]with you and apply generously.
- Get the hairdo you’ve always wanted: mums-to-be can often feel less than glamorous, especially as they grow out of their clothes and move into more comfortable maternity wear. One great way to help make you feel more pampered again is by getting a new sleek hairstyle; you may not be able to party like before, but you can certainly look the part!
- Drink plenty of water-based drinks – water is not only reputed to be good for your skin but staying hydrated will help ward off any nasty cramps and aches. Whether it is tap water or a specially formulated drink containing essential vitamins and minerals, staying hydrated will help keep you feeling great too.I would recommend a water filter, such as the Adq36006101 filter if you’re planning on using tap water. You never really know what you’re actually drinking these days.
- Take a long warm soothing bath – the water will not only help you feel clean again, it’ll also help to support baby’s weight and make you much more comfortable, especially in the later stages of pregnancy. Close the door, drop in an exotic [easyazon_link identifier=”B00I8I6CTE” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”motherho-21″ cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]bath bomb[/easyazon_link] to add some fizz and enjoy a little “me time”.
- Visit your local beauty shop and take a treatment when you have some spare time – whether it’s getting your nails done or a quick head massage, you’ll be amazed how much more relaxed you’ll feel in just 15 minutes.
- Indulge your skin with [easyazon_link identifier=”B0031NSIIE” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”motherho-21″ cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]body butter[/easyazon_link] – not only does body butter help with the less-enticing aspects of pregnancy such as stretch marks, you’ll smell and feel luxuriant; for many pregnant women, a heightened sense of smell can be a real downside: coating yourself with a beautiful balm will bring instant relief and help you unwind. It’s also wise to adopt a great beauty skincare regime, especially when the raging hormones from your pregnancy starts playing havoc with your skin. Elan Rose Skin Care has some great products that are fragrance-free, paraben free, and silicone free. They are also allergy and dermatologically tested, so they should be safe to use on your pregnant skin. Start with a great vitamin b3 serum, which helps to strengthen and smooth skin, and then a good moisturiser with SPF 30 to protect your skin from the daily rays of the sun. Pair these products with your glowing pregnancy skin and you will be the envy of all women!
- Feeling a little run down or unattractive? Pop on some [easyazon_link identifier=”B001TH8NSE” locale=”UK” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”motherho-21″ cloak=”y” localize=”y” popups=”y”]bold bright lipstick[/easyazon_link] to give you an instant perk-upbefore heading out. You’ll feel more confident and ready to face the world again.
- If all else fails, treat yourself to a spa day with your best friends or close family, and really and indulge; once the little one arrives you’ll be rushed off your feet so take the time to unwind, chill out and forget about your cares for a few hours. Whether it’s an Indian head massage, a great pedicure or a long massage, you’ll feel far more relaxed and spoilt afterwards!
Here is an infographic on the 10 essential beauty and unwind tips for mums-to-be that you can print out and put up on your fridge, so you don’t forget to take care of yourself!
Do you have any beauty or relaxation tips for mums-to-be? Please share by commenting below – thank you!
Should you really be eating for two during pregnancy? Find out here!
Had your baby already? Here’s a post on healthy weight loss after pregnancy
*Collaborative featured post*
Never miss a new post!
Don’t forget to tailor your preferences, so you just get the posts you want to read!
FREE Resource Library!
Subscribe now and receive your exclusive password to access a whole library of extra content!