- 1 Box of Betty Crocker’s Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 90ml Vegetable Oil
- 3 Medium Free Range Eggs
For the topping
- 25g Dates
- 25g Red Grapes
- 100g Jam(Strawberry or Cherry)
- 500ml Carton Double Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Icing Sugar
Dr. Oetker 90% Premium Extra Dark Chocolate
Dates and Grapes
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Grease your cake tin
- Make the Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake as per the instructions on the box and bake in the centre of the oven for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean
- Leave the cake to cool on a wiring rack
- Using a serrated knife, cut the cake in half, horizontally
- Slice up all the dates and grapes
- In a bowl, mix a third of the dates and grapes, along with the jam.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream and icing sugar together until peaks form
- Spread half of the jam mix and half of the cream mix on the cut sides of the cakes
- Sandwich the cakes together
- Add a thin layer of the cream on top of the cake, leaving 2 cm around the edge.
- Add the rest of the dates and grapes to the top of the cake, where you have added the cream
- Put the rest of the cream (leaving about 100ml for the chocolate sauce) in a piping bag and using a large nozzle, quickly squirt around the cake.
- To make the chocolate sauce, break the chocolate up into chunks and place in a large bowl over a pan of gently simmering water
- Leave to cool before mixing with the rest of the cream
- Use a spoon or ladle and spread generously over the sides of the cake
Subscribe here to stay on top of new content added to Motherhood Diaries.
If you’d like to share your wealth of experience and knowledge with our community then you can apply to become a Motherhood Diaries’ Contributor here. Read our Ad Policy here.
FREE Resource Library!
Subscribe now and receive your exclusive password to access a whole library of extra content!