Tomato Chutney Recipe
Recipe inspired by BBC Good Food
1kg of Chutney
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 ½ red onions, chopped
- 1kg tomatoes, chopped
- 150ml red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 200g brown sugar
- 4cm ginger, chopped
- 5 cardamom seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a large heavy-based pan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for 1 hour and then bring to a gentle boil until the mixture turns dark and shiny
- Place in sterilised jars and allow to cool before covering.
- Chutney keeps for up to 6 weeks.
Subscribe here to stay on top of new content added to Motherhood Diaries.
If you’d like to share your wealth of experience and knowledge with our community then you can apply to become a Motherhood Diaries’ Contributor here. Read our Ad Policy here.