Spanish Paella – Schwartz Flavour Shot Recipe
A blend of herbs, spices and seasonings infused in sunflower oil, for making rustic Spanish-style paella.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 Schwartz Spanish Paella Flavour Shot
- 1 onion, diced
- 100g (4oz) chorizo, diced
- 450g (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 325g (11oz) paella or risotto rice
- 1 litre (1 pint 15 fl oz) water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 100g (4oz) frozen peas
- Step one: Dice the onions and the chorizo
- Step two: Add the contents of the Schwartz Flavour Shot into a frying pan on medium heat.
- Step three: Add the chorizo and onion to the flavour shot and fry for 5 minutes
- Step four: Add the chicken and fry for 2 – 3 minutes, then add the rice and stir for a further 1 minute.
- Step five: Chop the pepper and add it to the mix along with the peas and water.
- Step six: Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 – 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the rice is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Step seven: It’s now ready to serve.
Recipe suggests to add a few olives or a lovely fresh salad. I added a basic green salad, consisting of tomatoes, kale, cucumber and lettuce.
Subscribe here to stay on top of new content added to Motherhood Diaries.
If you’d like to share your wealth of experience and knowledge with our community then you can apply to become a Motherhood Diaries’ Contributor here. Read our Ad Policy here.