34 things I’ve learned since turning 34
1. I’ve accepted that I’m getting older, but I’ve not yet accepted that my youth is over.
2. I’ve made friends with the lines on my face, but I’m working hard to prevent more from popping up!
3. I can’t eat a full English breakfast without watching my waist line grow in front of my eyes.
4. I’ve learned who my real friends are and work hard to keep them in my life.
5. Money doesn’t buy me happiness, but it buys my family options.
6. I have to act like a responsible adult, but I can still make time to act young and free.
7. I’ve learned to accept my flaws and take steps to improve them for myself, not for others.
8. I don’t care about superficiality anymore, I just want to enjoy the things that make me happy.
9. I’m still young enough to go to a club, but too old to stay up past midnight.
10. I am more focused on my family’s happiness and worry less about making everyone happy all the time.
11. I have learned to love everyone who treats me with respect and kindness and not think about those who don’t.
13. I still make immature mistakes and struggle to learn from some of them.
14. I love and respect my parents so much more now than I did back then. I realise how much love, support and sacrifice they selflessly bestowed upon my siblings and I. I want to do the same for my kids.
15. I want to spend more time with my parents before it’s too late.
16. Life is what I make of it, no one else will make my choices for me.
17. I pay more attention and respect more of what my elders say to me. They have something money can’t buy in this world – life experience!
18. I work hard to exercise daily, eat healthy food, stress less and drink more water. But, I also enjoy the occasional ‘Cheat’ day too – I’m still young enough to get away with it!
19. Yoga is absolutely awesome!
20. I enjoy being seen as a mentor to younger people.
21. I am also young enough to have my own mentors in life.
22. I take time to present myself well inside and out. It boosts my ego and my self-respect.
23. I realise more each day that I only get one shot in life and opportunities are passing quickly before my eyes.
24. I still feel 25, and I’m not planning to change that.
25. I used to be a hard nut, now I cry at movies and when babies come on the TV. I’m getting soft in my old age…
26. It’s never too late to follow my dreams. I now have the courage to go for it and take some risks in life. But, not at the expense of my family.
27. I can feel my mind getting more powerful each day and enjoy filling it up with information like a sponge. The more I learn the less judgemental I become.
28. I don’t want to waste time watching TV anymore, I want to be up and about doing things and learning about the world.
29. Manners cost nothing in this world. A little common courtesy makes you and the people around you happy. A smile goes a long way.
30. I am no longer as afraid of dying than I was when I was younger. I understand now that it is the circle of life and there’s nothing I can do to prevent it. So, now I accept it.
31. I value every experience and never treat anything with regret, as long as my mistakes are never repeated.
32. I’d rather live in a box house with a happy and healthy family than alone in a millionaire’s mansion.
33. In my 20s, I wanted to be rich and powerful. In my 30s, I want to have a loving family and feel comfortably well off, so we don’t have to worry about money and just enjoy ourselves and our surroundings.
34. I’m finally proud of who I am. It’s taken a while to embrace myself, but I realised that as soon as I did that, I gained more respect from everyone else. If you don’t love and respect yourself, no one else will.
Bonus quote from a famous person:
“In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln
_38308434_ to be updated with new posts. Don’t forget to tailor your preferences, so you just get the posts you want and need!
If you’d like to share your wealth of experience and knowledge with our community, then you can _b5db0156_. Don’t forget to read our _98fb8755_.